Minds Over Matter is pleased to launch a Mental Wellness Support Group on Thursday, November 9, 2017, at the Triwood Community Center from 7-9 PM. A support group is a safe place for people to come together to discuss their experiences, share ideas, and provide emotional support for another, led by a trained facilitator.
The Mayo Clinic lists the following as benefits of participating in a support group:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
Rick Lundy, President of Minds Over Matter Mental Health Society and experienced support group facilitator, will be leading the group. The following topics will be covered:
- Healthy Boundaries
- Healthy Relationships
- Mind Mapping
- Financial Burdens
- Pattern Changing
- Stress Management
Whether you’re battling depression, anxiety, or just want to learn coping strategies to live a more fulfilling life surrounded by a supportive network, this group is for you.
We still have a few spaces available. If you’re interested in learning more about the group, please contact Rick Lundy at 403-613-4294.